Thursday, May 12, 2016

What is love....

I have  been in Lagos now for about 2 weeks with my partner in crime.... One of the reasons I have not been blogging, is because I did not want to blog on fresh emotions.  Meaning.. OMG OMG OMG-- I am finally In Nigeria, I am finally in COuntry I want and need to be.  I was  hoping this feeling shall pass, but it has not. I am still  feeling as excited as I arrived on my first day.  But here are challenges  for me being here, and sometimes I feel like I am burden. I feel like I am dependent, and have to calculate every one of my steps... NOT IN A BAD way, but in a way to stay and be safe.... I can't even walk to gym on my own, because what might happen to me...  I am commodity.... I am person of interest, and I am something, someone can make money of off. BUT.. I am not letting that dim my light.... never...
 I am very independent person in general, and like to find my own way, but first time in my life I feel like, I have to be careful.  and I am.

But same time , everything is great over here... :) I am safe, I am with person I am supposed to be, and I would not want it any other way.....

Power to love....


D.

No comments:

Post a Comment